Seasonal Employment
I'm in my second year now of being unemployed. No scratch that, year two of not having a full-time permanent position with one establishment. I might actually be getting used to it.What I think is really wrong is that I moved to where I could see the bay and now I work intermittently during the school year when it's cold, grey, rainy, For the Ferndale School District and the Blaine School District, but I work full time during the summers when especially this summer, we are having beautiful blue sky days. Last summer I was a Computer Access Specialist for Whatcom WorkSource office, and this year Tech Support at Premier School Specialty.
![]() | ||||||
| Team building poster for summer tech team. |
One of the biggest reasons I must have a full time permanent position is because the way our health care system currently works health care is only affordable when your employer supplements it. For the last two years I have purchased LifeWise on my own at $355 a month. This covers 4 office visits and some percentage of hospital care if I need it. Of course, I haven't had to use it much, because I'm paying for it. I haven't seen the dentist in two years, Dr. Odegard would not be happy.
I'm hearing though that perhaps this Obamacare AKA Affordable Care Act may make purchasing your own insurance more affordable. If that is the case, perhaps I could apply for and work at 4 hour school employee schedule and get this company of mine, Convivial Creations, off the ground, or out of my head and into real life.


No comments:
Post a Comment